rnsdb

Russian Numismatic Society Volunteer Database Project

В теме 4 сообщения

(изменено)

Can several of the moderators do an in depth analysis and determine whether forum members would be interested in this project, patterned after the lines of Wikepedia... free and with volunteer input? A description of the history, objectives, database functions, and numerous sample pdf/jpg outputs from the database is at http://rnsdb.x10.mx/rnsdb There is also a forum for the project set up. It is not a trivial undertaking. The database control panel is at coinsdcp.pdf [прицепил ниже] A similar DCP exists for literature and medals.

The Access 2007 database is in English with mostly Brekke/Severin entries but some Bitkin conversions for coins, and random entries for literature and medals. There are 7650 Bitkin Brekke Severin entries for coins, 91 forgeries, 687 Names, 450 auctions, 414 reference works, 840 medals, 3500 auction prices mostly from and 80s/90/s and 570 images. It evolved in the 1980s for my own use as a collector and became a volunteer project in collaboration with Ran Zander in 1992 with 20 volunteers including Brekke. It was put aside due to limitations of the technology, but redesigned and proposed again in 2012 where it now stands.

Comments are appreciated and 5-7 volunteers are needed to download the programs to test. The whole system is free, open source, with no ads, and reflects an evolution of what I feel collectors would want. I feel the web site and code should eventually be under a steering committee of perhaps several forums and auction houses. A lot of data already exists, but images, conversion to Bitkin numbers, forgeries, valuations, errors and overdate coins, auction results, links etc all need to be added. But if you go through the project, you will see there is a place for everything to fit.

I have made a number of posts at staraya, including this one, but also posts with database output demonstration pdfs. eg auction results of the 12V Mikhailovich Corpus, a proposal for forgery analysis, an index to the Russian Numismatic Society 91 issues, 4 examples of forgery comparisons, and several others.

What I would also like to know is whether a subforum would be justified for this. While not a trivial undertaking, it answers all of the comments I've seen in the program topic at this forum.

Ron

coinsdcp.pdf

Изменено пользователем МНС
Перезалил pdf на форум

Поделиться сообщением

Пасс... это пусть специалисты смотрят. Думаю, перспектива мизерна.

Поделиться сообщением

одобрил. дабы братия посмотрела и сказала шо это такое и какого хера Рон из какого то White Plains пишет понерусски???

Поделиться сообщением

Крокодилово дело. Тока ему это нахер не надо. Хотя. . .

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу

astrapage.ru